Photo tour in Iceland, in french and english by Patrick Dieudonné, professional photographer.
PRICE: 2295 EUR w/o flight (4 to 6 photographers)
Supplement for single room: about 200 EUR (to be precised)
(may be adapted according to weather or local conditions)
Day 1 Arrival at Keflavik airport; Visit of Reykjanes peninsula, Reykjanesviti, Blue lagoon if possible. Night photography if possible.
- Night in Keflavik, B & B or hotel
- Dinner: restaurant
Day 2 The "Golden Circle", Thingvellir National Park in the morning, Oxarafoss waterfall, then the famous site of Geysir, and beautiful and mighty waterfall Gulfs, etc.
- Overnight in Geyser area (hotel or B & B).
Day 3 Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls between Hella and Vik, Hekla volcano. Night in the village of Vik itself, a very picturesque one.
Day 4 Morning photography at Vik (Reynisfjara, Reynisdrangar), then drive to Skaftafell National Park. En route, we’ll be crossing the vast lava fields of Eldrhaun, the result of Laki’s historic eruption in the eighteenth century, a catastrophic event for Iceland. In the evening, photography in Skaftafell NP area (large glaciers, moraines and moors, colorful dwarf birch and vegetation). Night near Skaftafell National Park.
Day 5 Morning and early afternoon in the park of Skaftafell for Svartifoss waterfall and/or glaciers nearby. Then Jokulsarlon, magnificent glacial lagoon. Night near Jokulsarlon, hoping for clear skies and auroras.
Day 6 Early morning at Jökulsarlon, on the lagoon itself or on the black sand beach nearby, where small icebergs break into pieces, if the tide is right. Jokulsarlon, magnificent glacial lagoon. In the afternoon, photography near Höfn, in beautiful surroundings. Night at Höfn.
Icebergs on beach, Jökulsarlon
Day 7 Another chance at Jokulsarlon if necessary, then drive to our starting point along the south coast. The drive is long enough and will not allow long photo sessions as the previous days. But it still offers a second chance on several sites, if the light is good. Night at Reykjavik. Night photography if possible.
Day 8 (2nd tour) Early morning departure (depending of flight times).
Day 8 (1st tour) Photography in Reykjavik or Reykjanes peninsula. Night at Keflavik
Day 9 (1st tour) Early morning departure.
Like and share this page on Facebook
Follow us on Facebook
>> Back to previous page
Download new brochure, Iceland in winter, 2017 (In French)
What is included
• Land transportation (4x4 vehicle).
• Full board
• Accommodation, in hotels B & Bs
• Your guide, a professional photographer
• Technical advice
What is not included
• Flight ticket (but we can help you in finding the best offers or arrange a package with our partner Akaoka travel)
• Insurances. Optional insurances available from Akaoka) (more details in the travelogue)
• Photo Equipment
• Alcoholic beverages and items of personal nature.
• SLR digital or film
• Stable tripod, ball head, etc.
• Lenses for landscape: a wide-angle (below 24 mm), a transstandard 24 or 28-70 mm, a medium telephoto zoom lens (70-200). A longer focal length can sometimes be useful for details (300 mm). For more tips download our technical brochure below.
A good level of fitness is required.This trip in winter to Iceland is more physically demanding than our other trips. In Iceland, breaks at the hotel are usually not feasible and the days are long. Walks of moderate level are possible. You should therefore be able to adapt to these conditions and be in good general fitness for a duration of 8 -9 days.
Weather / clothing
Clothing: The climate in Iceland in winter can be difficult. So take windproof and breathable Goretex and layers of warmer clothes. Woolen hats and gloves, waterproof and breathable pants.
We will not walk long distances with equipment. However access to the best views suppose access walks and exploration. You must be physically fit and able to carry your gear and tripod for a few hours. Bring good walking shoes (all leather shoes are recommended), a pair of gaiters can be useful.
Accommodation and food:
• Accommodation: Accommodation will be in B & B / guesthouses
• Meals: When we are at the hotel or B & B, breakfasts and dinners are taken on site or nearby (restaurants, etc.). Lunch generally in small restaurants on the road.
• Transportation: We'll use a 4x4 hired car. Please try wherever possible to limit the size of suitcases, for comfort on board.
Pre-booking on this site (please use the form above), then we will arrange booking deposit and final payment with our partner 66° Nord.
Not included. We can assist you, providing hours of arrival and departure, and helping you in your flight bookings. Just ask and we'll help you.
Any other questions?
Contact us using the form above or call if you need further information.Thank you.
Patrick Dieudonne Photo
9 rue de Sampigny
Tel: + 33 (0) 3 29 92 08 89
Mobile: +33 (0) 6 79 63 27 25
We speak French and English.
DOCUMENTS TO DOWNLOAD
Photo equipment Iceland
(more specialized advice on landscape photography equipment - in french)
Booking form Iceland 2017 (pdf)
Booking form Iceland 2017 (Word)